The Board of Trustees may establish standing committees as it believes appropriate. The Chairperson may also designate Board Members to serve as liaisons or representatives to standing committees. Below, are brief descriptions of the current committees:
The Finance and Facilities Committee handles reviews and recommendations regarding finance procedures and school facilities. Examples of their work include:
- Serve as a reviewing panel for any Policies related to Finance and Facilities, including regularly scheduled review of the Section on Fiscal Management (Section 3).
- Research and review fee structures and tuition policies internationally to remain in line with current trends as well as to act responsibly to our own parent population.
- Review Fiscal Policy and financial and facilities planning in light of Strategic Planning and school-wide Goals.
- Recommend changes in fee structure and facilities to the Board.
- Act as a monitoring and editorial group with regard to creating and maintaining a long term financial and facilities plan.
- Monitor and review the yearly budget cycle, including creation of the following year’s budget and the Revised Annual Budget.
- Monitor and review the Administration’s monthly budget reporting and procedures.
For questions about the Finance and Facilities Committee, please contact the Committee Chair: Richard Bates; email@example.com
The Governance Committee handles reviews and recommendations regarding finance procedures and school facilities. Examples of their work include:
- Organize the evaluation of the performance of the board and provide a summary of the board self-assessment to the board.
- Review the school’s strategic goals and major strategies to discover what skills, experiences, and relationships the board needs today and in the future.
- Review the demographics, skills and occupations of the current board with regard to what the board lacks and should seek in new members.
- Develop a list of critical criteria for new members, based on a thorough assessment of the needs of the board and the school.
- Communicate the final criteria to the board and solicit names of possible candidates.
- Facilitate board assessment; identify the board’s needs for education and training and designs vehicles to meet those needs (i.e. Board retreats)
- Generate a list of possible annual Board goals for the Board’s consideration.
- Identify and recruit nominees for election or appointment to the Board of Trustees
For questions about the Governance Committee, please contact the Committee Chair: Sallee Gregory; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Policy Committee regularly reviews and updates policies in line with the growth and strategic plan of ISPP as a school. Examples of their work include:
- Regularly review current school policies in an on-going and rotating fashion.
- Review Policy in light of Strategic Planning and school-wide Goals.
- Act as a forum to hear proposed changes in Policy coming from Administration, teachers, or parents.
- Survey and review Policies from other schools as needed in an effort to stay current with trends and changes in international school Policy.
- Monitor the Administration’s implementation of Policy.
For questions about the Policy Committee, please contact the Committee Chair: Katie Longhurst; email@example.com