Week Without Walls
Week Without Walls
September 3, 2014
On the ISPP website you will find the 2014-15 WWW offerings for trips outside of Phnom Penh and trips and activities in and around Phnom Penh which will take place from February 8 – February 14, 2015. This year we are proud to incorporate the theme, “Field of Dreams”.
Week Without Walls is an experiential learning week with a curricular focus that moves learning from the classroom to the wider world. Our teachers have spent many hours refining the WWW programme and preparing exciting trips for our students. The guiding principles of our programme include the following:
The primary purpose of WWW is to “provide a unique learning opportunity otherwise not possible in the daily classroom. It is an opportunity to build friendships, develop team building and leadership skills, travel to locations outside the school, experience unfamiliar cultures, and participate in activity-based programs that include community service.”
Trips are organized using the following guidelines:
- All trips are approved by the Principal, coordinated by the Assistant Principal and supervised by teachers.
- All students are expected to participate in a selected trip or activity.
- Most day and night trips are 100% funded by the parents of the students on each selected trip.
- Deposits and payments may be made at the Finance Office (parents may request that an invoice is made for employer’s reimbursement of educational expenses).
- The trip commitment form (found on the following page) must be returned by the stated deadline or students will not be allowed to travel and / or the trip may have to be canceled due to lack of interest.
- Deposits are non-refundable after the stated deadline.
- Trips are secured with completed commitment form AND deposit and are on a first come-first served basis.
In order to plan appropriately, we need information on which trip your child will attend. Please review the Trip Descriptions and estimated costs on the link that has been emailed to you and your child. Then discuss the options with your son/daughter and make a selection. Please note the registration process below.
The Process for Registrations is as follows:
- Pre-registration for Trips
Monday, September 8th at 6:00 p.m. through Tuesday, September 9th at 8:00 p.m.
- Pre-sign-up for the trip you are interested in.
- You may only sign up for ONE trip.
- The order of sign-ups does not matter.
- What if more than the maximum number sign up? If a trip is oversubscribed at this time, we will do a lottery (draw names) to give PRIORITY for registrations on September 15 and 16.
- What if less than the maximum number or just the right amount sign up? If a trip is NOT oversubscribed at this time, students who have pre-registered will be given PRIORITY for registrations on September 15 and 16.
- Wednesday, September 10th – Students/Parents will be notified about trips that have been put in the lottery. Names will be drawn and students that are drawn in a random lottery will have PRIORITY sign-up for that trip. (Note—Students who are NOT drawn in the lottery may sign up for another open trip at this time. However, they may NOT get into another lottery trip)
- Monday and Tuesday, September 15and 16th -- PRIORITY Registrations open at the Finance Office. Office hours are 7:30-4:30. (Please note registration requirements below…..)
- Wednesday, September 17th – All others may register
- Monday, September 22nd – Registrations Close
❖ Completed Commitment Form download
❖ Completed Acknowledgement of Risk Form download
❖ Insurance Verification download
❖ Copy of passport and Cambodian visa (overnight trips only)
❖ Required Deposit
All of these documents and the deposit must be handed in at the time of registration. You will not be allowed to register for the trips without these completed forms and the deposit.
If you would like further information about Week Without Walls, please contact Holly Gardner (email@example.com) or the Secondary Office on 012 213 103.
Anthony Coles Holly Gardner
Secondary Principal Secondary Assistant Principal